What is a cookie and what is it used for?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored and/or read by your web browser on the hard disk of your end device (e.g. computer, laptop or smartphone) by websites you visit. Nearly every website uses cookie technology to make websites work and to optimize design and functionality. Cookies also make your interactions with websites more secure and faster, since they can remember your preferences (e.g. such as login and language), by sending the information they contain back to the originating website (first-party cookie) or to another website to which it belongs (third-party cookie), when you revisit the respective website using the same end device. Based on the function and the purpose for which cookies are used they are typically divided into the following categories, which are used by Looksize on this website:
- Strictly necessary cookies enable you to move around the website and use its basic functions. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as log into a secure area of our website. These cookies are indispensable for the use of this website.
- Functional cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website and enable us to offer you improved and more personalised functions like greet you by name and remember your preferences (e.g. your choice of language or region). These cookies collect anonymous information and cannot track your movements on other websites.
- Analytical and performance cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to gather information about how the website is used (e.g. which pages a visitor opens most often and whether the user receives error messages from some pages). This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. .
- Marketing and targeting cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. We may also share this information with third parties (such as advertisers) for this purpose.
Usage of third party cookies:
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set?
You can withdraw your cookie consent at any time. In order to do so, please refer the provisions below:
Modification of your web browser settings:
- Nevertheless, depending on the existing web browsers, various means can be used to disable cookies. To get more information: please click on the following links:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
Please note, that if, by configuring your web browser, you refuse the use and storage of cookies on your computer, will be able to surf on our website. However, some options or features might not work properly.